Residential fences provide beauty, character and value to your home. Adding a fence can offer instant privacy and a level of security for children and pets, but it is important to consider several factors before making your investment. Here are a few tips to help you make the right decision for your home.
The Purpose of the Fence
Consider why you need a fence. These needs will give you a starting point in deciding what type of fence is best for your property.
- Privacy: Are you looking for full or partial privacy? A shorter fence prevents casual trespassing, such as neighbors walking their dogs, while a taller fence can offer full privacy from the prying eyes of neighbors.
- Security: Establish what you’re aiming to keep in and out. Is your main goal keeping pets or children in the yard while keeping free-roaming neighbor pets out? Then you’ll want to focus on the tight spacing of materials to maintain a secure area. If you are concerned about break-ins and burglaries you’ll want to choose strong materials and secure gates.
- Appearance: Is your goal to improve the appearance of your home? If the main purpose of your new residential fence is to improve curb appeal, you will have more flexibility in options and styles to achieve the look you want.
Fences are available in several materials, each with their unique looks, styles, and advantages.
- Wood: Affordable wood fencing offers a beautiful, natural look that can be changed from time to time by simply changing the paint or stain color.
- Steel: Long lasting steel does not corrode easily in harsh environments. It is extremely strong, versatile, and available in a variety of colors.
- Aluminum: With many of the same benefits as steel, durable aluminum fencing is a more cost effective option. It is low-maintenance, not prone to rust, and is a great option for sloped properties.
- PVC: Economical and low-maintenance PVC fences won’t warp, rot, splinter, peel or blister like wood and they never needs sanding, staining or painting.
- Composite: Low-maintenance and high-performance composite fences provide the look of wood without all the maintenance.
Choose the Right Fence Contractor
Fencing a yard requires knowledge of state, local, and community building codes as well as specialized tools and experience. When you are looking for the right fencing contractor be sure to choose a professional company with plenty of experience and references.
First Fence is #1 in Residential Fence Services
You’ll also want to consider maintenance and budget before making your final fencing choice. If you need assistance with initial design ideas or you’re ready for installation, First Fence of Georgia is your one-stop shop when it comes to residential fences. Call or contact us through our online form to get started on your residential fence project today.